Thursday, December 4, 2014

You are fearfully and wonderfully made


You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

 

Psalm 119:73 (WEB)

Your hands have made me and formed me.
Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.

I created you with My own hands.


The psalmist declares that God's own hands created him. What a glorious thought! It makes me think of the tender creation process when our God and Father formed Adam out of the dust of the earth. If God did indeed create each one of us the same way, then God must see each one of us as His work of art!


In Ephesians 2:10, the KJV Bible says... For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (KJV) The NLT says that we are God's masterpiece. What a blessed thought!



 

Psalm 139:14

I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.

This is one of my favorite scriptures.


God uniquely created each one of us with His own hands. This is a declaration from King David that he was the handywork of the living God and that he was fearfully and wonderfully made.

Can you say the same thing about your life? Can you look in the mirror and with a joy-filled heart declare to God ... "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!!!!" When most people look in a mirror, they only see their imperfections. Even the most popular celebrities and professional models obsess over the smallest of flaws.

In the Great Commandment, Jesus tells us that we are to love God with all our heart, all our mind and all our strength... and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Loving ourselves from God's perspective is not narcissism but rather just agreeing with how God sees us... We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

In some Christian circles, self-hatred can be seen as a form of humility. I personally do not believe that this brings joy to our Father's heart. If He says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, who are we to disagree with the living God

 
My prayer is that each and every one of us would know that we are all a one of a kind masterpiece that can never be replaced in the sight of our Father. May faith rise up in our hearts today. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment